18/08/09

Adriana

La Harper's de septiembre incluye un cuento escrito por J.M Coetzee, que en realidad es una adaptación de su nueva ¿novela? Summertime, que todos esperamos ver publicada en diciembre. El cuento se titula Adriana. Compren la revista, el número está impecable.

"So Manuel brought Mr. Coetzee to our flat, and I could see at once he was no god. He was in his early thirties, I estimated, badly dressed, with badly cut hair and a beard when he shouldn’t have worn a beard, his beard was too thin. Also he struck me at once, I can’t say why, as célibataire. I mean not just unmarried but also not suited to marriage, like a man who has spent his life in the priesthood and lost his manhood and become incompetent with women. Also his comportment was not good (I am telling you my first impressions). He seemed ill at ease, itching to get away. He had not learned to hide his feelings, which is the first step toward civilized manners."

No hay comentarios.: